What We Seek
4N seeks financial services opportunities under the leadership of industry-proven professionals. The firm will look at any stage financial services opportunity (excluding traditional banking) from startup to mid-cap buyout proposals. The firm’s core industry groups include:
- Reinsurance & Retrocession (P&C) – Facultative & Treaty
- Actuarially sound underwriting opportunities where a clear potential exists to write a significant amount of business. As a matter of course 4N will only finance insurance-related opportunities where the firm receives meaningful board control and the firm is designated the carrier asset manager.
- Emerging Financial Products
- 4N routinely reviews emerging new financial products – whether consumer or institutional focused.
- Asset Management (Macro & Quantitative)
- 4N’s asset management platform rests on highly-liquid prudent asset/liability matching strategies combined with limited-risk venture-focused private equity.
- Blockchain Monetization
- 4N routinely reviews and in-house incubates blockchain opportunities that seek to disrupt existing businesses.
- Established Consumer Brands
- 4N routinely reviews distressed established brands.
4N develops ventures that are highly scalable. Required investor capital commitments vary, but typically in the $5M to $50M range for start-ups and $3B to $5B for scalable global opportunities. 4N’s typical investor is a mid-to-large cap family office, sovereign wealth fund or other long-term equity capital provider that can internally justify long-term strategic investments whether for geo-political or industry specific reasons.
4N is exceptionally hands-on. Prospective investments are carefully screened beginning with the assessment of the opportunity’s market size and distribution potential, followed by extensive research-driven due-diligence processes. These processes – often taking years to complete – ensures 4N is aware of the minutest details of its holdings.